Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 8...I think

WOW! Where to start. We have been going from 9:30-4:30 almost every day. We have tracked in wind, and snow and rain. Tobi is doing great. I am learning! We have done mall work, and inside mall tracking, learned all kinds of commands and tricks. Tobi knows shake, give me five, hight five, high ten, roll over and play dead. I just have to get the commands down to an art, lol.
Tobi does well on all of the obedience commands, but is still testing the water a bit to be sure I mean what I say. But she is a very easy dog to work with and we are so in love with her. She can be as active as Javan or she can calm him down. It is just amazing to watch her work even though she doesn't quite realize what she is doing with him yet. She loves the nuzzle and it has made him stop throwing a fit and start laughing every time. She is excellent in resturants! She goes down right under the table or if not enough room there right beside the table and she just doesn't move except maybe to repostition her legs so she can sleep. Javan does wear her out! She is very good on her place, so school should be no problems at all. Small group should be the same. We took her to worship on Sunday evening at a smaller congergation, about 250 members, she did great. One of the young boys, around 12 yrs I would say, had kind of a hard time knowing she was there, but Javan and Tobi did just fine.
Two more days of training, tracking and learning everything we can, and we do our testing and graduation on Friday. Then we will be heading home. I am more than ready. But I think about a week of sleep will be in order! I wish!
It is time to head down to dinner, so I need to get the dog and the boy ready to go. Things do take a 'bit' more time.
Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments: